Friday, November 21, 2008

I got...

Nothing! I haven't had much to write about this week. The girls still say funny things. Goosey is still a sweet baby. I have been thinking a lot this week about my friend Cari who lost her 7 month old baby 5 days after Goosey was born. My heart aches for her and her husband. I hug my babies a little tighter every day. Worry about whether my baby is breathing when he is asleep. But girding it all is a knowledge that God is in control. He loved their sweet baby and he loves mine. He is ever watchful, sustaining us all. I know that God is good even when it doesn't make sense. His plan and purpose are perfect. I have been struggling with my own grief over something much smaller than losing a baby. I know God cares about my pain as much as He cares about the tremendous pain Cari and Andy are going through. I don't want to talk about my own struggle when it seems so insignificant and silly comparatively. I am thankful that God listens and doesn't tell me I shouldn't be sad. I am thankful to have a God who listens and responds. Blessed be the name of the Lord. HE alone is good!

No comments: