Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh how I love thee, molasses

The girls and I just finished baking molasses cookies! The house smells heavenly. The cookies are delicious. I am trying to keep my paws away from them but it is proving futile. The cookies are made with cinnamon, ginger, and ground cloves. They are nice and spicy. I love each of those ingredients. The original recipe also calls for cardamom but after seeing how much it costs ($12) I decided to skip it. I didn't think I could justify $12 for a spice I would rarely use. Oh well! Still delicious. My brother and sister in law are supposed to be coming into town today but the weather is awful in their neck of the woods. Hopefully, they will get a break. We will miss them terribly if they can't make it but would rather have them in one piece! :) I will try to post some pictures of the tree and cookies later. For now I am going to get a shower before Goosey gets up!

No comments: