Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Sorry I have been absent from the interwebs for so long. A couple babies were born, Christmas activities, family things and fatigue have kept me off of here. We had a very nice Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house. We had a yummy Mexican dinner and opened gifts. I got a cast iron Dutch oven. It is sooo beautiful. I haven't used it yet. Planning a few dinners in it soon though. The kids had so many nice gifts from everyone. The highlights: an Easy Bake oven, remote controlled car, jewelry kit, books, tool bench, Pairs-in-Pears (really fun). Christmas Day we opened gifts as a family and had a yummy breakfast. My parents and tiny sister came over around lunchtime. We played games, watched Annie and snacked on finger foods all day. Very peaceful and low key! Which speaking of Annie...I never realized how much language is in it and how lewd certain scenes were. I remember watching as an older child (10-12). I don't recall the language bit but do remember Miss Hanigan was quite racy. I thought this was supposed to be a kid's movie! We had borrowed a movie from the library my husband watched as a child and within the first 10 minutes there were several 4 letter words. We had to turn it off. Crazy!
We start school back on Monday. I think we are all looking forward to getting back to a schedule. I have my lesson plans all done and ready to go. We are heading to the library to pick up our supplemental reading so I better get moving! We have friends coming to play in a bit also.

No comments: