Sunday, October 25, 2009

LOOOONG break

Ok so I took a really long break. In the time that has elapsed we have been quite busy. As much as I hate to do it I am going to put it into bullet points!
  • We started school the first week of September. Everything is settling nicely into a routine. Both girls are enjoying their work. Bella is studying math, history, language arts (do they still call it that?), astronomy and handwriting. Matilda is working on phonics, writing some letters, basic math, coloring and scissor skills.
  • We had the in-laws in town the second week of September. They arrived on our 10 yr anniversary. My FIL had his gazillion year high school reunion. Can't remember which year. We had a good time with them. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows one night. Introduced my MIL to smores. I still can't believe she never had them. Went to the apple orchard. Very nice visit!
  • Celebrated Biscuit's first birthday! He had quite a good time with his cake. He had a zucchini cake. He began walking a week or two before his birthday. Now he runs everywhere. The child never stops moving! He eats like a linebacker but has the metabolism of a hummingbird!
  • Darling Husband and his dad cut down a tree. Only one more to take down and then we should be satisfied with the tree situation. DH said next time we move we are moving into a neighborhood that doesn't have trees. Have I mentioned it is autumn and we have LOTS of leaves.
  • Our homeschool group is going very well. The girls are enjoying the classes and getting to know some other kids. The group has a family that has several horses. Each fall the kids get to go for 3 weeks and ride and learn a little more about horses. The girls were in heaven. I had to pry them away each week. One of the weeks it was drizzling and upper 40's. Would this deter them...NO. I am glad they enjoyed themselves.
  • DH was able to go to the Men's retreat this year. He had a good time. Good challenging talks. Exciting to see where God is leading the men of our church. Hopefully, as wives, daughters, sisters, mothers we can encourage the men to lead. I have a feeling this will end up a blog post soon.
  • Bella and I are attending BSF this year together. We are studying the book of John. Good study thus far. I love my discussion group and Bella seems to be enjoying her group as well.
  • Last weekend the kids and I loaded up to go see my brother and sister-in-law. We had a really great time. I think my SIL might be regretting taking both the girls to the pumpkin patch by herself though. Two pony rides, large pumpkins, the petting zoo, a ride on the ferris wheel. The girls loved it! They love their Auntie and Uncle. Biscuit thought Uncle was the best ever. As soon as my brother arrived home from work the first night Biscuit marched up to him and wanted to be picked up. He sat with Uncle in his big chair most of the weekend.

I think that hits the highlights. I will try to put up some pictures of all this sometime soon.

No comments: